NFL Football Forums
Game of the Century? - Printable Version

+- NFL Football Forums (http://www.letschatsports.com)
+-- Forum: National Football League (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: NFL General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Forum: The Front Page (/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+---- Thread: Game of the Century? (/showthread.php?tid=276)

Game of the Century? - DiamondGeezer - 11-08-2007 03:22 PM

The clichés are endless when it comes to describing the matchup between the New England Patriots and Indianapolis Colts this week and if you’re anything like me, you’re tired of the hyperbole.  The game is being hyped as “the game of the century” in many media circles.  The only thing that’s more ridiculous than this is the fact that many people are writing off the Colts in this one.

So you’ve won 12 games in a row, you’re undefeated, and you’re playing at home against a team you’ve beaten three straight times. Don’t forget that you’re the defending Super Bowl champion.  This sounds like the recipe for a winning week, right? It’s not if you’re the Colts. Despite all of these things, there are some out there who are predicting that the Patriots will roll into Indy and blast the Colts by three touchdowns or more.  I just don’t see it.

The Colts didn’t beat the Patriots three times in a row by accident and they didn’t win the Super Bowl on a fluke.  Sure, New England has improved, but not to the point where they can roll over Peyton Manning and the boys. The Colts have the Patriots’ number for a few reasons. For one, Manning knows how to exploit Bellichek’s system.  This is something that’s not being discussed enough and it’s time for that to change. Peyton has figured it out and unless the head Patriot makes some adjustments, it will continue.  In addition, the Colts have enough speed on the defensive line to get after Tom Brady and make things difficult.

Who’s going to win on Sunday afternoon? I have no idea, to be completely honest.  I just know that it’s going to be a dog fight.  The NFL has two elite teams and everyone else is just playing for third. Some people seem to think that New England is in a league of their own. I tend to disagree.  

If Tony Dungy prepares his team to win on Sunday, will people pipe down about the Patriots being the best team of all-time?  Can we quit hearing about Boston sports in general?  Maybe it’s a pipe dream, but I’m hoping that the Colts knock off the Pats and set the record straight.  People have somehow overlooked the defending champs and it’s about time that it stopped.

RE: Game of the Century? - desi965 - 11-11-2007 01:39 AM

Yeah this game was hyped and I don't believe it totally lived up to it, or at least not fully. Being a New England fan and although the Pats won in a great comeback fashion, I didn't really have that feeling. Bottom line there wasn't enough scoring. It was relatively low scoring. Secondly it wasn't a blowout for the Pats. If the Patriots had come in and absolutely blown out the Colts, that really would have sent a message. However the Pats late comeback was just as sweet and they remain the only unbeaten team in the NFL.

RE: Game of the Century? - attagirl - 01-15-2008 03:17 AM

Well what do you really expect here. They have to do something to get more people to watch since most of the teams that so many root for are done for the season, they have to try and do something.